How to uninstall MacKeeper from Macbook
Find out how to uninstall and completely remove Mackeeper from your Macbook pro and Macbook Air. it is not recommended to use MacKeeper, so you have to get rid of it.
MacKeeper is not a virus, it is actually an antivirus which aims to optimize your Macbook with junk removal tools and many other functionality. Is MacKeeper legit? No it is not, MacKeeper is poorly developed software. Many users complains about the performance of their Macbook after they use MacKeeper, it turns out that this software is slowing down Mac’s performance, and after uninstall this software, their Macbook runs great again.
What makes MacKeeper often sucks is, it shows a pop-under ads while you browse the internet. When a software does pop-up ads, then this is not cool anymore and we have to get rid of it.
How to completely remove and get rid of MacKeeper from Macbook
- Launch your Mackeeper on your Macbook, wait for a while and then quit or close it.
- Go to the Applications folder and find MacKeeper, move it to the Trash. You need an admin authentication to do this, so enter your admin password.
- A pop-up window appears asking if you want to Uninstall the rest of the components. Hell yeah you want to get rid Mackeeper completely, just click Uninstall MacKeeper.
- Even though you already remove MacKeeper to trash, various traces of this app are still in your Macbook’s system library folder, we have to search and destroy them all. Choose Go –> Go to Folder from Finder. Enter ~/Library/Application Support. Find a file called NoticeEngine.plugin. Drag it to the Trash.
- Restart your Mac (Apple –> Restart). Your Macbook is now free from MacKeeper.
So that’s how you remove Mackeeper from your Macbook, this work for both Macbook Air and Macbook Pro. To perform junk cleaning and uninstalling unnecessary apps, we recommended AppCleaner, this app does a very good job of searching down and letting you remove apps like MacKeeper.